The Physical Internet Initiative aims at transforming the way physical objects are moved, stored, realized, supplied and used, pursuing global logistics efficiency and sustainability. Originating from Professor Benoit Montreuil in 2006, this ground breaking vision, revolutionizing current paradigms, has stirred great interest from scientific, industrial as well as governmental communities.
The International Physical Internet Conference 2021 aims to provide an open forum for researchers, industry representatives, government officials and citizens to together explore, discuss, introduce leading edge concepts, methodologies, recent projects, technological advancements,start-up initiatives, for current and future Physical Internet implementation.Conference topics include Logistics Nodes, Logistics Networks, System of Logistic Networks, Access and Adoption, Governance. New business models, enabling technologies and experimentations already underway will be presented, making this meeting a unique opportunity to learn, network and discuss the latest results and challenges about interconnected logistics.
And, because logistics is global, participants will be from all over the world including researchers, industrial and international institution members, local authorities and standardization committees.
Conference topics include inter-connected logistics, PI fundamentals, business models, governance and implementation, cross-chain control, synchromodal transportation, IT systems, stakeholders and their roles. New business models, enabling technologies and experimentations already underway will be presented, making this meeting a unique opportunity to learn, network and discuss the latest results and challenges about interconnected logistics.
How will the Online Conference work?
- Conference sessions will take place on the 15th – 16th of June in different timings depending on the speakers country region. IPIC 2021 is expected to have: ASIA-EUROPE, US/CANADA-EUROPE and AUSTRALIA-EUROPE sessions. Eventually other regions sessions (e.g., US/CANADA-ASIA, etc.).
- Recorded presentations and pdf presentations (as well as full papers) will be available in the speaker’s profile of the conference and attendees will be able to interact with the authors bilaterally.
- All sessions will have a life Q&A interactive session with the authors after the presentations are shared.
- Conference proceedings will be produced with the papers and poster contributions.
- All contents and sessions will be available online (restricted access to conference attendees) in the ALICE Knowledge Platform with unlimited time access (you may revisit parallel sessions) and allowing extended interaction beyond the conference duration. A specific section for IPIC2021 will be created in the platform.